Results for January 12th 2007 thu January 19th 2007
Fort Hunter Liggett's numbers remain very strong despite the freezing temperatures. Since most areas of the fort have been shut down due to military training there will not be another harvest report until they open most areas back up for hunting. Please call the numbers listed below for more information.
Quail: TA 1, TA 8, TA 9, TA 11, TA 15, TA 16, TA 19, TA 24, TA 25, TA 27, TA 29 & TA 30. Total quail harvest: 430 quail
Duck: TA 15, TA 24, TA 27, TA 29: Total Duck Harvest: 17
Tree Squirrel: TA 15 Total Tree Squirrel: 1
Wild Pig: TA's generally located in and around Jolon Road hunting areas.Total Pig : 7
Hunter Success Rate 48.8%
As of 1/ 23/07 the weather has changed dramatically, warming up to at least 60 degrees during the days, with no frost warnings.
Fort Hunter Liggett Rules & Regulations:
February 9th 2007 though February 15th 2007
- Information regarding training areas and reservoirs available for hunting and fishing, as well as registration hours is usually posted on our web site www.liggett.army.mil and on the recorded information phone line (831) 386-3310 by 5:00 pm on Thursdays each week.
- All permit applications will be accepted by mail only.
- Training areas available for hunting the weekend of February 10th and 11th include: 1, and 29.
- Ponds open for fishing February 9, through February 15th:, Del Venturi, Gravel Pit.
- Anglers register at the Environmental Office, Bldg 238, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday or when the Hunting and Fishing Check Station is closed. The Hunting & Fishing Check Station is located on Alamo Road near the Fort Hunter Liggett main gate. The check station will be open for business from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm on Wednesday through Friday and from 6:00am to 2:30pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Due to Military training requirements or security reasons, training areas and reservoirs may be closed without notice.
- For more Hunting & Fishing program information or an application, please visit our website at http://www.liggett.army.mil and click on the hunting and fishing link in the left column. If you have difficulty connecting to this site or to the document links, check to see that Java Scripts are enabled and Pop-up blockers are disabled on your computer. You may contact our staff by telephone at (831) 386-2677, during regular business hours, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org